Marlin 1.1.9 for the FLSUN Cube printer
Before trying to flash this firmware on your printer please make sure you use the ramps or mks gen l board on this printer with the stock drivers.
This firmware is meant for the chimera version of the flsun cube and is still somewhat a work in progress as goes for tweaking the settings for better print results.
Please keep in mind that I'm not responsible for any damage to you, your printer or any other mechanical or lifeform, if you decide trying to flash this firmware!
Thermal runaway is activated on the print-bed and the heat-blocks in this firmware.
Unzip using 7-zip, winrar or 10-zip(free from the windows app store)
- Added MKS TFT28 FW(Dual extruder) for people who lost functionality in the touchscreen.
- Uploaded Marlin 1.1.9 files for cyclops and single extruder.(not tested)
- Z-Probe on 4 points instead of 3, and double probe every point.
The stock/single nozzle firmware can possibly cause some extrusion problems.
This firmware is not tested thoroughly yet so testers are welcome.
HOW TO FLASH THIS?
Choose your precompiled hex:
Compile it yourself:
- Download The Marlin folder and extract it on your computer.
- Download and install Arduino IDE
- Browse into the Marlin folder and run Marlin.ino
- In the IDE, under Tools -> Board select Genuino Mega 2560, Processor ATmega2560 and Programmer USBtinyISP
- Customize if needed (e.g. motor directions and type at line 559 to 566 and line 857 to 865 in Configuration.h)
- IMPORTANT: Disconnect your touchscreen from the mainboard.(flashing this firmware while it stays connected can cause failures to the touchscreen)
- Connect to your printer/motherboard through usb cable and select the COM.. port your computer connects to your printer to under Tools->Port.
- If all is done and oke click on the upload button top left on the screen(the arrow =>)
When the upload is completed and no redlines/error codes has appeared you can disconnect your computer, plug in your touchscreen and power up the printer.
You can connect your computer again with the touch screen plugged in as long as you don't do any firmware uploads to your printer.
- Send some movement codes to your printer to see if all is working fine, if not you can change the direction of the extruders in the marlin.ino file.
- If needed, you can set your z-probe sensor offset by sending M851 Z-0.01 for example.
The 2 extruders should be calibrated Just fine but you can tweak this settings by sending g-codes to the printer.
Uploaded the files the upgrade the firmware for the touchscreen.
- Unzip with Winrar or 7zip and copy the files to your SD card.
- Insert SD card in the printer and power up.
- The screen will automatically start updating(this can take a while).
- When finished you can remove the files that are left on the SD card and you can enjoy your new Red themed touchscreen.
I want to thank davidramiro for helping me make this tutorial.
Without his help I wouldn't be able to share this with you guys and girls!
This firmware was tweaked with the custom x-carriage I made, in mind.