- Added a version with sockets and one with also the footing. Sockets are 16x5x4.5mm (w,h,d) and footing is 14x4x4mm (w,h,d). The version with footing will require supports during printing.
- Screw thread have been enlarged by 0.2mm because screwing was hard.
- Tested a full night in 10C garage at upright position dual mounted and finderscope and it survived.
I needed a dual mount for holding my guidescope and finderscope on a single bracket. There was already existing models for this, but after printing them, I realized that they mimick too much the aluminium design (minimalist for reducing weight). They are thus unstable and prone to snapping. This heavy-duty model tries to come up with a sturdy design adapted to printed plastics.
- Some clearance between dovetail bracket and the foot (36mm vs 32mm)
- Screw threads are for the usual 4mm diameter screws, 8mm long and 0.75 pitch.
- Be careful to not overtighen. Make contact with the screw then one turn.
- Need to test carefully screws compression reliability on the field as I know that PETG seems to contract a bit in the cold.
- Should be printed sideways (90deg rotation on X I think).
- Printed with PETG, 4 layers walls, 30% infill.