Remix of Tevo Tornado Fang with or without Bl-touch mount by gdramos.
A fang for 2x 40x40mm fans,
with support for Alfawise U20 / U30.
(Alfawise U20 / U30 are clones of Longer LK1 / LK2)
This is not perfect (see notes below), but as I spend a lot of time on it, I'm sharing it. I've tried several designs and this one seems to provide the best results (for me).
The first image is a screenshot in FreeCAD of the final result.
The last one is the part I've extracted from original model in Blender.
your choice (I've used 20%)
You can print it easily with support enabled, oriented as in the provided STL file directly. I recommend easy-to-remove supports in the "fork" part (at least). Check the screenshot of the settings I've used for my print (I'm using Slic3r PE / PrusaSlicer).
- Import the original model in Blender
- Keep only the forks, remove other parts
- Fill holes
- Smooth without affecting the inner airflow tunnel
- Import in FreeCAD
- Make my changes
- Print a first version
- Make adjustments in FreeCAD
- Export as STL
- Use several tools to repair the STL file
Changes in this remix
- Add a support adapted to Alfawise U20 / U30
- Change the angle of duct fan, to have it's airflow up
(better chance it doesn't affect the bed)
- Add a support for a LED panel (below the duct fan)
- The original model have minor errors I could repair with several tools (to be sure), like Trinckle (online) and FreeCAD
- There are also other bugs in the mesh (viewable once sliced) I can't resolve which create small holes in the fork, but with a bit of paint or varnish, it's OK. This is not specific to my remix.
- I'm using it with 2 Sunon MF40202VX-1000U-A99, the airflow can be different with other models.
- I've tested the airflow direction with the "glass method" and it seems OK, do your own and adjust height if needed.
- This fang is a bit difficult to fix (especially the 3 screws which maintain it to the moving X-axis slab) but I prefer this instead of fixing it to the 2 screws of the hotend like some other fangs. If needed, use hexagon screws (3x M3).