This is a slime wand for the Dyson V8 vacuum. The original is great, but it is too thick for vacuuming between my car seats. I am sure you can find other uses too!
Extra parts required:
1x 5x15 soft spring (ball-point pen spring will do)
1x drop of superglue
- Print all three parts at %100 infill. I always use a brim for slender parts. Trim the the brim(s) and support structures.
- Insert the soft spring inside the hole under the button.
- Slide the button in place while compressing the spring, making sure that it doesn't buckle.
- Test that the button presses and releases fine, try it on the vacuum.
- If the button works fine, close the button cavity with the cap. The cap may be just sgug fit, so it may not be easy to remore it if you first test in place. When you are happy that all fit together, remove the cap, put a drop of superglue on its bottom flat side and put it in place. Make sure that there isn't excess glue finding its way to the button.