These are the items needed to fix the solar powered fan that stabilizes the temperature reading during sunny days. My unit is about 6 years old and the original solar panels fogged over and the electric motor that drives the fan wasn't working any more.
This is a simple fix and cost effective project. I enjoyed restoring this 5 in 1 sensor back into service. The adapter for the fan is 57mm diameter by 10mm thick. The cutout for the fan fits a standard 40 x 40 x 10 fan.
Solar Panel - 2.5W 5V/500mAh Encapsulated Epoxy 130 x 150mm
I purchased from Amazon. I received two for $13 Here is the link:
Fan - 5V 0.15A 40 x 40 x 10mm Speed 6800 RPM - Purchased from Amazon two for $12 Here is the Link:
Sealer Silicone Clear
Philips Screw Drivers
Drill and Drill Bits
AIO Robotics AIOWHITE PETG PETG
Because these parts are exposed to sun and weather I choose to use PETG. 20% infill seems to give enough strength and stiffness. I also had to drill holes for the screws I used to hold the clamp and frame together. I used coated deck screws for the assembly.
Microsoft 3D Builder was Used to create these parts
Okay, I'm not much of a designer. I use the simplest means I can. For these parts I used 3D Builder. It's not the best, but for repairing things it does an okay job of producing parts that work for my simple repairs.
If you are one of those folks that understand real CAD type programs, you might be able to improve on the parts. Feel free to do so.
This is the original fan from Acurite. This is what these parts replace.