8/17 Update: Received my Raspi 4B and mounted it in the RASPI_4B OctoPrint Case. With the design changes, the case fits the Rasberry PI 4B well. Removed the WIP status.
8/14 Update: Fixed assembly screw hole supports.
8/13 Update: Due to an unfortunate incident I have deleted the previous 4B case stl's and replaced them with updated versions.
The 4B files are still a WORK-IN-PROGRESS
DO NOT PRINT the previous files.
There is a flaw in the design that puts pressure on the chip located alongside the Ethernet port and behind the adjacent USB port. User thejustinwalsh broke his Raspi 4B pressing the case together. See his comments.
- Chamfered the offending protrusion to allow clearance between the case and the chip.
- Enlarged the openings for the USB-C and HDMI ports.
- Reduced the assembly screw size to M2.5
I have also included step files for the 4B case and changed the status of the entire posting to a work-in-progress.
7/20 Update: Thanks to feedback from Krrazy a weakness in the posts was identified and that not all Raspberry Pi's can accept M3 mounting screws. I have updated the files accordingly:
- The Pi3B/B+ case front posts have been reinforced.
- There is now two versions one using M3 and a second using M2.5 screws and nuts.
File names that end in 2,5MM are for M2.5 screws and nuts.
File names ending in 3,0MM are for M3 screws and nuts.
The Raspberry 4B files have not been updated as yet.
7/3 Update: (The Raspi4B files should be considered a work in progress)
- Had to replace the Raspi4B files with Version 2 files. Didn't realize that when Raspberry Pi Foundation says "drop in replacement," it doesn't count that the USB ports and Ethernet ports got switched around.
6/29 Update: (The Raspi4B files should be considered a work in progress)
- The centering ribs on "Case_Rear_with_Ears" interferes with the tightening of the hammerhead nuts. I remixed the ribs to remove the interference.
I created a thin membrane to allow the LED status indicators to show through the plastic. (As long as it's not printed in dark opaque filament.)
Case_Rear V3.stl, Case_Rear_with_Ears V2.stl
This is a remix of Licantrop's Raspberry Pi 3 B Case Bear Upgrade.
The remix includes these additions:
- Case cover with OctoPrint Logo
- Access to GPIO pins
- Enlarged case screws from 2.5mm to 3mm
Original design features:
- Access to camera ribbon cable connector
- Access to SD card
- MicroUSB power connector access
- HDMI port access
- Access to 3.5mm composite video/audio connector
- LAN port access
- USB port access
OctoPrint and the OctoPrint logo are registered trademarks
3D Solutech PLA
Print as oriented in stl.
Clear out the support structure with a 2.5 or 3.0 mm drill accordingly, or use an x-acto knife.