This is my so called "Evolution 2.5" frame project with the goal to find the right balance between weight, durability and stiffness where the frame can take beatings without breaking.
What is "special" about this design:
- thin arms with flex (flex dont break)
- the arms are designed as a non lift air profile to reduce drag
- as light as possible for the design and size
- Beeing able to fit all components without a problem
The pod in the pictures can be found in my collection of "cool micro copter things" linked here: https://www.thingiverse.com/inmae/collections/micro-copter
Build tips can be directly used from the kabab toothpick shop / article, please just use google. His tips are worth to read and a very good baseline to start with.
- Designed for 36x36 AIO Boards AND 16x16 stacks
- 3 hole pattern for AMAX 1103 motors
- Own Pod for 14mm and 19mm cams
- 4 hole motor pattern
Build / Material:
- Use PLA Plus, ABS or Armadillo (TPU HARD)
- printed with two outlines and 35% infill about 7.7g
- Pictures show a print in PLA Plus on an Ender 2
22.06.2019: Initial Upload, BETA Version
23.06.2019: Updated lighter version including 16x16 mounting option (must be changed!!!)
25.06.2019: Updated Evolution 2.5 RC2.stl and removed Evolution 2.5 RC1.stl, please remove the inner brace manualy (cutter) and file the edges in case you use a 16x16 stack.
03.07.2019: Deleted previous Release Candidates and added RC3, updated the pictures. Added a cam test which also shows a bit of the performance https://youtu.be/bv05J-VRDto
06.07.2019: Added a "secret" 3 inch version of the frame ;-)
28.08.2019: Added RC4 and latest Lipo Holder
30.08.2019: Added 4 hole Version for motor compatibility