I really like the mass-based rewind-spool created by ea69. I am using it without hassle.
My remix is giving 3 additions to the work of ea69 in short:
1) allows to mount spools with smaller diameter
2) get rid of the bolts (aka the mass). Instead mounts a cube which can be filled with "anything" as a counterweight
3) added bowden-mounts for both 45 degree and 90 degree wit ha smaller diameter (6mm). Please see https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3724901
1) First I did not have the bolts to create the required mass for push-down. So I decided to create a box and fill the same with whatever I have. Could have been old bearings, some "smaller" screws or in mine case I even used small stones. The box nicely fits on the original mount without modification.
All parts in photos printed blue for this one.
2) the next item was my spool. The inner diameter was to small, so I could not properly center the spool. For this reason I created a small adapter (printed in red on pictures), which had a smaller diameter. Works nicely as well.
3) ea69 is requiring 10mm bowden-mounts. But I had only 6mm bowden-mounts, so I created versions with a smaller diameter - part now moved to https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3724901
So my additions can be bolted on the original thing (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3691892) without modification.
If required I can make this item to be used in the customizer. This would allow to change easily the size of the box for example.
Please let me know your thoughts.