NeoPixel Stick Pendant for tuning sensor outputs or independant play
by mpinner, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
i created a pendant to use for displaying information about the sensors and microphone on my jacket. this eases the act of coding so i can see the results of real world behaviors.
having bare leds exposed on my chest was a bit too much even with the brightness turned down. i added this ornamental piece to protect the neopixel stick and diffuse the light.
as an added benefit the diffusion makes the neopixel stick read as perfectly symmetrical and perfectly wearable.
i 3d printed my enclosure, if this is not something you have access to you might trying melting some low temp plastic, hot glue, over anything else you can find to cover these leds.
- get one of these: https://www.adafruit.com/products/1426
- i soldered up the neopixel stick with four wires of the most flexible wires i could find. stranded silicon insulated work great.
- i added a snapping locking connector power the piece on and off that sits within leather behind my neck.
- i added another connector that does NOT lock to pass power and data from my jacket collar. this way i can see the data im generating. the non locking connector is important to allow the pendant to quick disconnect in the cases where i take off my jacket without thinking of the necklace.
- i sliced this print with no shells on the bottom to make the neopixel stick snap in place pretty easily.
- one can use a teensy2 as a small board to drive the thing independantly
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
NeoPixel Stick Pendant for tuning sensor outputs or independant play by mpinner is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving mpinner a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure mpinner would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).