This is a geodesic dome 2V with a diameter of 20 cm.
Print triangle parts and assemble them to make a dome.
You will get a very beautiful dome.
I designed this referring to the following site.
I struggled with the structure of the snap. As a result of many attempts, I got a snap that fits comfortably, and with the necessary strength.
[how to print ]
There are three types of parts.
AAA (regular triangle) , ABB (isosceles triangle) and bottom plate.
The number needed to make the dome,
- AAA ... 10 (black triangle parts in photos)
- ABB ... 30 (white triangle parts in photos)
- Bottom...10 (white stick parts in photos)
The purpose of bottom plate is below.
- Prevent the snap claws from sticking out to the bottom.
- Increased strength of the entire dome.
- Since only the bottom plate was thin(only one plate), I improved that the balance of appearance.
Note : When printing the "bottom plates", please print vertical position(like stl file). If you print horizontally, the strength of the snaps will be reduced.
If you want to make a sphere, print the following:
- AAA ... 20 (black parts in photos)
- ABB ... 60 (white parts in photos)
- Bottom...0 ( No bottom plate is required.)
[how to assemble]
With regard to the assembly, I think it can be done easily if you look at the photos.
If you print enlarged, you will get an expanded dome. But I think shrinking is difficult. That's because when it shrinks, the structure of the snap can not be maintained.
Clarified the number of bottom plates required for printing.
I add bottom plate file and explanation.
white / black