Prusa i3 improved XZ axis
by jkoljo, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This assembly brings a lot of improvements to the original i3 XZ axis system. It is available in two versions, with mounting points for M6 delrin nuts or holes for M5 nuts. Precision leadscrews and delrin nuts are available in eBay.
Changes to original:
- Mount points for precision delrin nuts
- Z bearing tightening with screws
- Better tolerance for 8 mm linear rods
- Mount point for Z adjuster screw
- Adjustable belt tightener
- Belt forces carried by X rods, not Z rods
4.6.2015: added axis ends that have looser tolerance for 8 mm smooth rod
If you want to use the Z axis adjust feature, download endstop holder from: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:149882
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Prusa i3 improved XZ axis by jkoljo is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving jkoljo a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure jkoljo would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).