I wanted to print a half-size Collapsing Sith Lightsaber.
Printing the Handle
- Print the handle at 50% scale in x, y and z
- I found that I needed to use a raft to keep it from falling over
- Print the cap at 50% scale in z but 48% scale in x and y
Printing the Blade
- I found that I had to refactor the blade from scratch -- when I tried to scale the included files, I couldn't get it to work
- What worked for me was to use the the three *_ribs.stl files -- otherwise the blade was so tall and thin that it would shift while printing and end up being really rough
- If you want to try, I also included all three blade files without the ribs and a file with all three blades arranged concentrically
- Note: this is a three piece blade -- the original was a four-piece blade
Update 12 JUL 2019
Uploaded a second version of Blade3 and Blade3_ribs. Identical to the original except that I increased wall thickness from 0.8 mm to 1.2 mm (I had some breakage of this part in later test prints).
Also, for some prints the blades are slipping completely through one another. To fix that, I wrap a piece of tape around the bottom of the blade that slips outs, and that seems to correct the problem.
I found that I needed to use my snips to remove the ribs then deburred what was left.