Do you need to solve your filament guide problems?? Try this!
After trying this filament guide https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2917932, my original extruder drive was still being eaten by the filament pression... I then added this one https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3190254 but I could not say I was happy with the result... the filament did not flow smooth as it should...
Then when I saw my friend's new printer with the extruders on top it was my eureka moment!
After some research I did not find too much information about the subject but I found the two Things marked as remixed. Based on their design and because I like to develop my skills on Fusion 360, I designed my own nema 17 extruder motor mount for the 2020 extrusion rail with one back hole for a Drop-in T-Nut if needed.
I have two versions :
- 90º ( vertical )
- 60º (diagonal) - better to reduce the tube curve
In my case (Ender 3), I could use the original cables and extruder tube without any problems.
But now I want to do some better cable management, for that I will be ordering this longer cable https://www.ebay.com/itm/XH2-54-4pin-6pin-Stepper-Motor-Connector-Cables-Extension-Line-For-3D-Printer/183568661084.
My original cable is around 75cm, I will buy the 150cm one just to be safe and will post future updates.
UPDATE 25 Aug 2019
- I finally replaced the original stepper motor cable with the ordered from ebay (150cm). The cable is too long but I just put the excess inside the board case, the 100cm version wold probable be the perfect size for this mod.
- For cable management I created this custom V-rails covers : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3829396
- IMPORTANT : if you replace this cable be carefull with the connectors, the original cable has a 2 cable swap in one connector, the new cable does (probably) not, you need to swap it before using this cable or you could damage your circuits (photos in the gallery).
UPDATE 07 Aug 2019
- second hole for drop-in T-nut in the front added
Enjoy and post your makes!
If you found my Things useful, treat me to a cup of coffee :)
For support I had success with this support settings :
Density : 20%
Support Interface Pattern : Lines ( it is important to have the model oriented as default )
Support Interface : Yes (Roof and Floor)
Support Overhang Angle : 60º
Support Z distance : 0.25mm
Support X/Y Distance : 0.5mm