...do you know that feeling? Mundane stuff on your schedule, a week seems to have five Mondays in a row? Even ordering a new nerd-shirt not brightening your morning? We hear ya - this calls for innovation! Even more so when you have so many great colleagues, both inspiring and pushing you in times of need.
So, how about the BOSCH Roxxter? The cleaning robot that can be controlled remotely via the Home Connect App or through connected 3rd party applications such as Amazon Alexa? And which can even stream from its on-board camera to your cell phone?
You might ask: "What can we innovate there?"
Well, hold my beer and let your day be brightened by this unofficial innovation project born out of a cross-department collaboration. We call it the RBB (speak "ar.bee.bee"), also known as Roxxter Beer Butler :D
credit: Thank you, romeo009.de for the software and the awesome idea :)
Amazon Basics PLA
Bill of Materials
- a Bosch Roxxter cleaning robot
- WS2812b 5mm LED strip with 7 LEDs
- ESP8266 module
- a small 2cell power bank with 5V USB out
- short USB 2 Micro-USB cable
- accelerometer / IMU develpment or breakout board, 6axis (e.g. MPU6050)
Bill of Tools
- filament of your choice and color (e.g. black, silver, transparent)
- well-calibrated 3D-printer
- soldering iron
- some soldering lead
- some wires (red, black, other, preferred)
- cutter or pair of cutting pliers
- super glue
- double-sided sticky tape
as soon as you have printed all four parts, assembly is quite easy.
- connect the ESP board to your computer and flash the firmware.
- solder front LEDs to ESP board, 15cm cable length
- solder back LEDs to front LED output, 20cm cable length
- solder IMU to ESP board (see pictures and source code), 10cm wire length
- super glue LEDs to front.
- burn or drill hole into base approximately at a side where back LED holder is placed.
- super glue back LED holder to base, then LEDs to back LED holder.
- mount IMU with sticky tape to base, orientation as shown.
- super glue bottle holder parts to base (top-side).
- ESP and powerbank loosely go into the dust collector compartment.