After 250 hours of printing my z axis bearings began to slip out of the holders.
Thinking it was a simple task I designed a dual bearing holder that was still split in the center like the original and released it without testing first. When I installed the bearing holder I discovered that the bearings were working but not perfectly aligned. It also had the problem of the linear rods covering screws I wanted to adjust. I needed some slight play in the adjustments for the bearing to slide freely and square. I have added a clamp to the holders using the same 3 mm threaded inserts Scott used on other parts.
I did a from scratch design. The bearings are now held in a stiff, full length tube. The result is that the rods glide freely. All of the screws are accessible for adjustment. The mounting wraps around the 2020 extrusion holding the bed supports flat to prevent racking. You should check that you have the space under the bed, I have added about 7mm of height. I am not using Scott's carriage system or bed.
Slide the bearings in until they line up with the notch, this will put the clamp screw in the center of the bearing. For a dual Z unit such as mine I see no need for two bearings on each rod ( I had the bearings and used them ) so you could just slide a single bearing to the center and then clamp.