Compact all in one rigging tool for Schempp-Hirth gliders.
You find the thing files for three variants:
- Small size, only for horizontal stabilizers
- Medium size, for horizontal stabilizer and outer wings. (Your glider needs to have a short pitot tube).
- Large size, for horizontal stabilizer and outer wings.
Assembly: Horizontal stabilizers tool
- Buy a M6 Screw, it should not have threads on the upper part.
- Cut off the screw head and cut a M6 external thread to the screws top.
- Cut a M6 internal thread into the middle piece of the rigging tool.
- Put some glue into the screwhole and fasten the screw.
Assembly: Outer wing tool
- Get a steel tip, needs to be strong and not too thick. A regular iron nail is not strong enough it will bend. A steel nail or the shaft from a pop rivet works.
- Drill a hole in the middle piece
- Glue in the steel tip.
- Assemble the parts and check if they are fitting.
- Use a small drill to clear the holes
- Screw everything together with small screws.