I needed a sensor mount for my Enclosure Ambient Control project.
I had a few requirements :
- It needed to sit close to the controller PCB so wiring is easy.
- It needed to have good air circulation
- It needed to be ridged enough for transport without breaking
- When moving/folding, it may not cause wire fatigue (movement spread over larger length of wire without sharp bends
- It may not heighten the IKEA LACK table by more then 1CM when transporting (else it would not fit in my car ;)
- Look awesome and learn some new tricks in the process if possible (don't go for the easy way ;)
This module is designed for the Adafruit SHT31D witch have nice accuracy and 2 i2c channels so you can wire 2 of them in your project.
It uses 5x M2 bolts for both the sensor and the anchor.
Prints best in PLA or NGEN. Can also be printed in PET with support, but is a pain to remove. I added a special PET version with manual support that you can leave on, doesn't look nice, but it works and you don't see it when mounted ;).
Other parts of this project can be found here : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3747281
Sensor cage and spiral frame is advised @ 0.1 to 0.15 layer height with brim.
Sensor cage is best when flipped upside down.