Designed and made a LED light that attaches to my Swag on a Velcro tab. Sourced the electric components from Jaycar for about $14.00. Is still a work in progress and I have included all versions of the STL files. The second version of the parts are the most current (I am still working out tolerances for friction fits with the printers I am using).
Contact me if you want source files etc.
You need to buy the following form Jaycar:
LED board - http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=ZD0587
Mini Toggle Switch - http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=ST0335
9V Battery Terminal - http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=PH9232
You will need the following equipment:
- soldering iron
- small gauge wiring
- heat shrink
- wire strippers
- small piece of acrylic (I just used scrap and sanded it until it fitted)
- paddle pop stick
Steps to build:
- Print both body and lid files.
- Solder electronics in simple circuit.
- Install in box.
- Go camping.
Printed on a UP 2
Issues I have noticed:
- When I printed the light body out the first time I forgot to cut a notch in-between the LED section and the battery section for the wiring to fit through.
- The LED board was moving a little once everything was installing in the body. i just pushed a small piece of paddle pop stick behind the LED board to stop the movement.