Rotate 180º and you wont need supports. Eventually will reorientate, sorry
Didn't want to buy packs of sand for ridiculous amounts when its just that, sand/gravel.
So i made this strainer kinda meshes so you could pan certain materials through and make fine sand, gravel and bigger pebbles.
How to do it for cheap:
- Get the cheapest wall filler you can find. I use something called Aguaplast, often used to fill cracks and voids in the walls. It's like a paste that hardens with time
- Get some kind of surface to put it on and spread it in a somewhat thin coat. Let it dry for a day or two (depending on where u live may take longer, just make sure that it is fully dry before you paint it or it might ruin the paintjob once starts to get more dry.
Optional: You can add pva glue and actual beach sand to cheapen the cost of it and make it even more consistent/rough surface.
- Once it's dry you can use a screwdriver/hands or any tool to pull it apart in small pieces.
- If you dont feel it's small enough, you can get a cheap container and use it as a mortar to grind it down.
- Use the different meshes and separate the different sizes.
- Put them on a container, the small ones you see on the photographs are on my profile. It's a customizable so you can make your own.
- Optional, to label them im gonna use some 32mm bases and put pva glue on it with the different types and glue them to the cap so i know which is which instead having a boring tag.
In the future im gonna make an attachment for it. A funnel that ends on a pco1881 (coke bottle type of cap, to use the cap of the PVA glue bottles for a better way to pour it on the containers. For now if you found this helpful and worth feel free to use the tip the designer button on the left so i can buy me a coffe!
Enjoy and if you make it, post it!