Parametric iPhone 5 Dock
by powidl, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a derivative of the OpenJSCad iPhone 5 dock, with a slightly larger tab at the back, a gap for the home button, and a completely enclosed channel for the lightning cable.
To create the STL file, launch Google Chrome or Firefox and go to:
Then drag&drop the .jscad file into the box.
The jscad has configurable parameters for:
- margin around the iphone (for if it is in a case)
- margin around the dock connector: 0.5 mm gives a tight fit in my case (RepRap Prusa at 0.1mm layer height)
- to add a mouse ear at one end, to prevent warping
You can change these settings in the browser, press Update and then Get STL to get your customised STL file.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Parametric iPhone 5 Dock by powidl is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving powidl a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure powidl would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).