"The coupler point rotates but does not translate, as if the point were pinned to ground but it is actually unconstrained. The mechanism workings are disguised by integration with various shapes (in this case, animals)." (The point of this elephant is that the circle at the tip of the trunk rotates without its center moving.)
I just made it look more like an elephant.
See original for details. Thanks for your efforts and research, guys and gals.
Also went from 2mm to 2.5mm for strength (3mm was getting harder to push, but it's a matter of taste).
I was gonna remove the tail but it is good to have something to grab by.
I've only tested this in PLA. (Update: it broke after about a week. I'm now testing to try and fix it. Also maybe make it a bit more accurate compared to the non-PLA version of the original, as the center of the circle does move a tiny tiny bit...)
- Main STL
- Same STL with "anchors", in case you're having issues with curling up (I find these easier to remove than a brim, which solves the same issues)
- Solidworks file that could be neater but might still prove helpful.