Ultimate Drawer System
Intended to be the ultimate drawer system that is
- printable with FDM printing
- optimizable for anything you store in drawers
- compatible with Thingiverse's Customizer
- written for ease of improvement (which could use some improvement)
This Thing is the drawer customizer. For the shelving unit customizer, see Customizable Ultimate Drawer System Shelf. For drawer inserts (dividers) see Customizable Ultimate Drawer System Inserts.
- Drawers and complementary shelving units are sized in units called "Us".
- If only one dimension is given, it is assumed to be the height and the width and depth are assumed to be 1U.
- A 1U drawer is 120 mm wide by 120 mm deep by 19 mm high.
- A 2U drawer is 120 mm wide by 120 mm deep by 39 mm high.
- Actual drawer width is 131 * Us wide - 10 mm
- Actual drawer depth is 130 * Us deep - 10 mm
- Actual drawer height is 20 * Us high - 1 mm
- A 2U shelf (or cabinet) is 131 mm wide by 130 deep by 50 mm high. (You can't (currently) make a 1U shelf.)
Contributors and Contributing
This is an OpenSCAD copy then enchancement of The Ultimate Drawer System by MarcElbichon and others to come. Contributors are welcome. You will find the complete original and up to date source code on GitHub.
This work is originally licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 (CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0) but may also be distributed under the GPLv3 in accordinance with the former's one-way GPLv3 compatibility declaration. If you are interested in a commercial license, contact the contributors.
Compared to MarcElbichon's version
- Produces faithful replicas
- Add an ergonomic drawer pull
- Adds a drawer locking mechanism
- Adds a stops to help keep drawers from pulling all the way out (needs testing)
- Adds 1.5U and 2U widths and depths to the standard 1U width and 1U depth.
- The option to clip shelving units together instead of (or in addition to) screwing them together.
Planned enhancements include (in no particular order)
- Drawers with dividers
- Handles for portable storage units
- Custom inserts for specialty storage
- Bumpers for increased ruggedness
- Sturdier versions of the drawers for increased ruggedness
- Custom label inserts
You may find additional information, discussion, and resources at