New version 1.1 adds some fun features
Intended to be the ultimate drawer system that is
- backwards-compatible with MarcElbichon's Ultimate Drawer System
- printable with FDM printing
- optimizable for anything you store in drawers
- compatible with Thingiverse's Customizer
- written for ease of improvement (which could use some improvement)
This Thing is the customizer for drawer inserts for the system. There are also cusomizers for the drawers and for the shelving units.
The dimensions in this customizer are for the outside dimensions of the insert. Insert walls are 1 mm thick, so size your insert 2 mm bigger than the object going inside it.
Although this is optimized for the Ultimate Drawer System, you may find this useful for making all sorts of simple trays.
- Drawers and complementary shelving units are sized in units called "Us".
- If only one dimension is given, it is assumed to be the height. In this case the width and depth are assumed to be 1U.
- A 1U drawer is 120 mm wide by 120 mm deep by 19 mm high.
- A 2U drawer is 120 mm wide by 120 mm deep by 39 mm high.
- Actual drawer width is 131 * Us wide - 10 mm
- Actual drawer depth is 130 * Us deep - 10 mm
- Actual drawer height is 20 * Us high - 1 mm
- A 2U shelf (or cabinet) is 131 mm wide by 130 deep by 50 mm high. (You can't (currently) make a 1U shelf.)
- Walls are 5 mm (W_t). Slots are 20 mm apart. 0.5 mm gap (g) between side wall and drawer.
Contributors and Contributing
This is an OpenSCAD copy then enchancement of The Ultimate Drawer System by MarcElbichon and others to come. Contributors are welcome.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 (CC-BY-NC 4.0) but may be distributed under the GPLv3 in accordance with the former's one-way GPLv3 compatibility declaration.
Planned enhancements include (in no particular order)
- Non-rectangular inserts
- Item-specific inserts
You may find additional information, discussion, and resources at
any PLA, ABS & PETG
I have had good results printing without supports as long as the bottom 2 mm are at 0.1 mm layer height or less.