At work, if you mess up the main Git repo, you get the Dirty Birdie.
The object on top is Tux, Linux's mascot. I provided a file called
Tux-Zeroed.stl where the model is placed at the origin. The original model was off in space somewhere so it was hard to use in my OpenSCAD script. I used MeshMixer and Edit -> Align -> Base Point to zero the model on origin. You can technically use any model in the script, but the base is sized specifically for this model.
DirtyBirdie.scad is the OpenSCAD file clearly. It does a few things.
- Makes a pedestal for the model to sit on.
- Imports the model and places it at the correct point.
- Creates an angled section at the front for the text to be embossed into.
- Subtracts the text from the angled section.
Note the text can also be changed (You'll need to render - F6 - to see the text). After printing, I noticed that my math is off and the angle of the text does not quite match the angle of the front. The bottom row of text is deeper than the top. I believe I fixed this in the model
DirtyBirdie-NewAngle.scad, but I have not exported or printed this model to know for sure.
After printing, I dripped some sealant over the top of the model - chosen because it seemed to be the appropriate color.