This is a dice box / tray combo. It is designed to hold two standard sized sets of polyhedral dice. The top of the box doubles as a very small dice tray. You will need 8 magnets (5x2mm discs), to keep the lid secure. Optionally, you can also add felt to the top and bottom.
The decorative top is completely optional. I have included the DND logo's from my Inspiration Tokens (www.thingiverse.com/thing:3367736). The pictures show my personal DM logo.
I use two of these boxes when I DM. Using two boxes, I can keep four full sets of dice neatly organized. The small dice trays work well for me, but I do not have an aggressive roll. If you don't have a light touch these dice trays will likely not work for you.
3d Solutech PLA
I inserted pauses into the .gcode of the logo and swapped out the filament to create the two tone logos.
- For each box print out a top and base
- Optionally you can print the decoration and logo
- Attach magnets (5x2mm discs) in each of the recessed locations. Make sure the magnets are oriented correctly. I used hot glue so that I could make sure the magnets came flush with the top.
- Optionally you can add felt to the top and bottom. I used a glue stick.
- If you printed the decoration and logo carefully attach these to the top with super glue. Use caution, the super glue can get very messy if not done carefully.