I really liked the rear case designed by Teaching Tech but it didn't quite meet all my needs. The following modifications were made to his case:
1) Added Port to the left side to attach cable chains.
2) Moved electrical components around so it has the capability to hold:
a.) 2x DC-DC converter
b.) 3x XT60 connector
c.) 1x 2-Relay board
d.) 1x 30A relay
e.) 4x 3-Port WAGO connector
f.) 2x 5-Port WAGO connector
3) Reduced the size of the openings for the USB and network port of the Raspberry Pi for a more snug fit
4) Relocated Fans to the lids for better air flow.
The intended wiring is to split the 24V coming off the power supply into two inputs into the XT60 connectors. The live end of one of these will be fed into the 30A relay. The relay will then be passed to the power of the SKR/MKS board. The return line from the SKR/MKS board will go directly to the XT60 completing the loop. The second 24V input will connect to the 3port Wago connector next to the DC-DC converters. It will then feed the 2 DC-DC converters. One of these is set to 12V and the other to 5V. The 12V DC-DC converter should run to the 3port WAGO on the the right side and the 5V DC-DC converter should run to the 5port WAGO. This will give you 12V and 5V volt busses. The intent is to run a 12V line through one of the 2-Relays and out to the remaining XT-60 to power lighting. I will try and include a wiring diagram at some point.
1x 30A 1-Channel Relay (https://amzn.to/2Ziwyru)
1x 2-Channel Relay, 5V (https://amzn.to/2zbaFQs)
2x LM2596 DC to DC converter (https://amzn.to/2NhnbWW)
2x WAGO 221-415 (https://amzn.to/2KMIL3R)
4x WAGO 221-413 (https://amzn.to/2KMIL3R)
Create New Lids for different fans
Produce wiring diagram
Mad Maker PLA
I have uploaded the final box (or version 1.0). There may be some tweaks in the future, but as of right now I am happy with this box as it is. As such I have removed the work in progress moniker.
I have printed and installed everything. I will be adding the final STLs and images probably by next weekend. Fair warning wiring is extremely tight. The only thing I am not happy with are the fans. They are a bit loud, particularly since the motors are now practically silent. I will be looking to replace them with something quieter. I may also be reconsidering 2 fans. I need to find a way to have the fan speed controlled by the temperature. If anyone has any suggestions on what fans to replace them with I would love to hear it.
Good news is the left hand side is now good as far as I am concerned. The bad news is that when I was putting it together I found the two converters were two close together and I was afraid of shorting them. As such I have redesigned the right hand side to spread them out some. Printing what will hopefully be my final iteration now.
As noted in one of my comments, there were some issues with some of the mounting posts on the left hand side of the enclosure. When I corrected them, I failed to notice that the opening for the right most USBs on the RasPI clipped the slot for the end stop cable causing a portion to be unsupported. My intent was to make this quick fix when I got to work and send the printer off to print the updated piece so I could check the part when I got home. Unfortunately, it appears I turned off the power supply this morning. This means I will not be able to check the fit and function of the part until tomorrow morning. I hope to have a semi final release then.
Added updated lids with 40mm fan locations. Most likely has mm/meter issue. Will check later as well as post the updated right side
Added Electronics Part list
Corrected STL files to be mm. Refined STL file output