I've got a friend who loves him some transformers. So naturally, we had to give the OG "Matrix of Leadership" model by The 3d Print House a try. Turned out great! (200% Size) But it just felt like something was missing.. Something needed to balance that twinkle of hope emanating the autobot core.. Something darker.. Something broody.. That's when my buddy told me about the Matrix of Conquest!
Surprisingly looked around online and could barely find a picture of it..
So I decided I'd take a crack at it and this is what we ended up with.
For the LEDs, I used a string of 20 LEDs on a 3xAA battery pack. I removed the wiring, connectors & switch from the battery pack and hot glued them into the "Body Bottom V1_w Battery Slot" & "Battery Door" pieces. Went with orange LEDs outta respect for UNICRON..
I also included a file named "LED Diffuser_Dome Insert". I used the same semi clear filament to print these pieces, bundled and secured the LED string w zipties to the circular area of the bridge piece, then glued the dome to the bridge over the lights. Then when I assembled the whole thing I glued the "LED Diffuser" to the bottom slots on the "Crystal Dome". Keeps the LEDs secure and diffuses a bit before the crystal face.
Then I used superglue for most of the tight fitting pieces. For the "Top & Bottom Spikes" & "Left/Right Grips" I used 2-part Epoxy.
- Glue Grips to Arms (used Epoxy)
- Glue Arms to Bottom Body slots
- Insert/Glue Crystal Dome into back of Top Body
- Glue LED Diffuser into Crystal Dome
- Route/Secure wires into Bottom Body cavity
- Glue Top Body to Bottom Body
- Glue Top & Bottom Spikes into Assembled Body (used epoxy)
- Glue Small Spikes into Assembled Body slots
That's about it.. Will also upload the stands we ended up making for both this and The 3d Print House's Matrix of Leadership.