Hello there Internets!
Do you have a Lulzbot Taz 6 and a Mosaic Palette 2? Do you want to hang it from the side of the printer, but the hanging adapter that comes with the Palette, much like a famous persons glove, just doesn't fit? Well, no need to acquit!
This kit allows you to accomplish two things:
- Hang the Palette 2 from the Taz 6 with an Adapter Plate for their hanger (you need the original hanger adapter included in the box)
- Conceal / Hide the wiring that ends up being exposed on the "Face" side of the Taz 6 after you hang the palette.
First, before you do anything - Please understand, you need to accept responsiblity! Using this kit is done at your own risk and if your Palette 2 falls off and smashes to bits or something goes wrong and your printer randomly somehow explodes, that's on you!
Print these parts with ABS @ 0.33mm Layer Height, 95% Infill, Octet Fill Pattern (Tetrahedral), in a sealed enclosure to ensure proper inter-layer adhesion.
To use the Hang Adapter with integrated Wire Concealer, you will need:
- The Mosaic Palette 2 Pro Hanging Mount Plate (Comes with Unit)
- 4 x M4*12mm Flat Head Cap Screw (FHCS; Tapered Head), Black Oxide
- 4 x M4 Posilok Nuts (Nylon Locking Nuts), Black Oxide
- 4 x M5*10mm Button Head Cap Screw (BHCS), Black Oxide
- 4 x M5 Washers, Black Oxide
- 4 x M5 T-Spring Nut
To use the Front Facing Wire Concealer, you will need:
- 2 x M5x10 BHCS Black Oxide Screws
- 2 x M5 Washers, Black Oxide
- 2 x M5 T-Spring Nut
Pictures of what this looks like with the Palette 2 installed and wired are included above.
To route the wires, mount the Palette 2 on the chassis using the included hang adapter, plug everything in, and then route the wires upwards and across the adapter, using the L shaped wire channel to conceal the wires. Then install the faceplate cover. Run the wires down the back right corner 20x20 rail, securing with black zip-ties. Route from here for your needs.
Again, this is 100% used at your own risk. Don't like it, don't use it. No one is forcing you :)
Thanks, and enjoy your clean installation!