Designed as a Christmas present for my brother.
Untested! Printer awaiting repairs.
You will definitely need some glue
I've found that drilling holes in random spots on the flat surfaces when gluing parts together will help result in a stronger bond. 5-minute epoxy usually does the trick.
The model was extracted directly from Skyrim.
Using Blender, I was able to subdivide the polygon count enough that I could use the texture as a displacement map, in relation to the existing UV map.
Successfully overloaded my computer several times doing this.
After successfully saving the result, I opened the result in Meshmixer, to rescale and split the object to be printed on my Anet A8. The size of each piece being cut to roughly half of the z-size capability of my printer. just to be safe.
Final test done with ultimaker cura. all parts sliced successfully, and should work.
Unfortunately, due to a minor printer failure (Belt wore out), I won't be able to get a picture of the final result for awhile. I'll update this once everything has been printed. Feel free to send me a picture of your results if you attempt this as well.