Hello ! This is an RC lasercut version of the british A34 Comet Tank.
Like my Hetzer, the inside is designed to, except for the engine compartment that fits the motors and microcontroller. The plus is the spring suspensions that serve to tension the tracks.
I made as many slewable and moving parts as possible.
The scale is ~1:18.
For the instructions, an Instructable is available here.
You will find informations about the assembly, the program that makes it work and additionnal videos & informations.
The plans are scaled for 3mm MDF. About 1 m² of it is required to cut everything.
Wood glue is also required.
Screws & Stuff
- Ø 3mm screws :
- x14 15mm long,
- x10 25mm long,
- x10 30mm long.
- x20 Ø4mm tubes (Ø3mm inside) as bearings inside the wheels, to avoid damages on the wood,
- Ø1mm metal wire (i took paperclips) as track hinges,
- x10 pen springs (typically Ø4.5mm and 25mm long) for the suspensions,
- x2 M4 headless screws,
- x2 5mm electric dominos,
- a bunch of toothpicks.
All you need to make it move is :
- a tiny breadboard,
- a NodeMCU for its WiFi features,
- some Male-Male and Female-Male jumper wires,
- x2 28BYJ-48 motors with their control boards,
- a 5V USB Power bank and a USB cable, as a power supply (you can still use any power source you want, it must deliver 5V with at least 1A) .