Build Plate for Dremel 3D45
Hot-swap your build plate so that you can continue to print the next model while you are waiting for the current one to release.
Requires a piece of 4mm float plate glass 169mm x 266mm. Have this cut at your local glass store. It is best to take your Dremel build plate glass to the glass store to help them cut the correct size.
Print the left hand and right hand build plate components. The Left side is printed with the Left build plate half. The Right side is printed with the Right build plate half.
- Slide the glass into one half of the build plate then slide the other half onto the glass.
- Press the two build plate halves together until the joints lock.
- Slide the build plate sides into each build plate half. The square section of the sides should be flush with the top and bottom of the build plate halves.
- Check that the assembly is correct with the two front locking cut-outs nearest the sides and two back locking cut-outs nearest the middle of the build plate. The handles on the sides should be at the front.
- Check all joints are flush fitting then glue all the printed components together. Use an acetone melt glue for ABS or Superglue for most other plastics.
My Dremel 3D Printer Things
I design these things for myself but I have published them for you. If they make your life easier or save you money then please do not forget to "Tip Designer"!
0.20 or 0.25 layer height
. ABS or PETG recommended
Use a temperature resistant filament if you heat your build plate. Only use PLA if you do not use build plate heating else it will go soft in use.