I have replaced the entire XY train of my Flsun cube for 2020 V-Slot profile with pulley wheels, i designed new Y and X parts. I also remixed a design from Jon Schone https://www.thingiverse.com/ProperPrinting/about
for use with this overhauled system. The hotend hotswap system he designed for the CR10 / Ender 3 is absolutely awesome..
This project is finished.
For this project i used printable parts only because plastics have atleast some naturel springiness were metal does not (or has less). This helps filtering and dampening any vibrations that may occur together with the pulley wheels and will help with overall print quality IMHO
So this would be needed for the upgrade:
- 3x 50cm 2020 V-Slot profile black
- Creality pulley wheels x9
- 6x Aluminium Spacer V-slot 6x10x9
- 3x acentric spacer hight 8.3mm (creality)
- A male and female D-SUB/DB25
- Bunch of nuts n bolts, washers, luck, good fortune and god knows what ;)
Please please DON'T do this upgrade if you are not sure what you are doing!!
*Added hotend toolswap backplate (X carriage) revision 3
It is now possible to vasten the lowest pulley and the design
on the bottom were the belt is attached made more sturdy.
*Added a hotend tool for chimera or cyclops hotend with inductive sensor
mount. To usein the hotswap base.
*Added X belt tensioner for Left Y bracket
*Added X belt tensioner wheel.
^Reworked the swap base and uploaded rev 4.It should now actualy be possible to mount the bottom wheel onto it Also added the hole for the acentric bottom nut so the bottom wheel can be adjusted like on the Creality series.
- Redesigned and uploaded the complete right Y bracket .
- Redesigned and uploaded the cyclops hotend tool. It has now a mount for a radial
part cooling fan and a bracket for a D-Sub connector. I have yet to design a bracket
for the radial fan itself.
- Designed, uploaded and printed a couple of spacer rods to easily install the Y profiles on the right hight.
- Redesigned yet again the hotend tool and added bed spacers to bring the bed up.
- Designed and uploaded a new Y endstop bracket.
- Uploaded part cooling fan bracket for the radial fan.
- Project assembled and finished.
- New revision of the single color Ender 3 hotend tool. It consists of 2 parts. The tool itself and the fan bracket. This tool is designed for a single color original Ender 3 hotend. Needed for thisone are 2x 3mm inserts to be melted into the appropriate holes to fasten de hotend in the bracket.
With the KISS principle -Keep It Simple Stupid