Sonic Screwdriver GoodFET enclosure
by MakerBlock, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This nascent thing is intended to be an enclosure for a GoodFET and parody of the ubiquitous Doctor Who plot device. So far I've only designed half of the enclosure and none of the moving parts.
All the design files are in Sketchup. There's one STL that I was not able to successfully print. (Maybe you can!)
Description of the files:
- 11th_Dr_v1.skp: Imported image of the screwdriver, traced in Sketchup.
- 11th_Dr_v7.skp: Half outline of screwdriver, hollowed out components.
- 11th_Dr_v9.skp: Hollowed out components arranged for printing.
- 11th_Dr_v9.1.stl: The prior file exported as an STL and cleaned up for printing.
- 11th_Dr_v10.skp: New approach to hollowing out and connecting components.
Any help you can offer in improving the design is appreciated. Also, the parts are not exactly to scale.
For a LOT of posts about this design, check out http://makerblock.com/?s=sonic
- Fit pieces together in a manner TBD
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Sonic Screwdriver GoodFET enclosure by MakerBlock is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving MakerBlock a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure MakerBlock would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).