I wanted to model a custom wall plate. I based mine on Alexhart's. This is a simple, chamfered wall plate - The important difference here is I'm including a Fusion 360 export file should you want to make your own custom GFCI outlet wall plate.
This was an intermediate step to a more complex wall plate remix that I made: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3866737
Can be printed in the provided orientation without supports. Other orientations will likely require supports.
Hatchbox PLA, 1.75
- I found Alexhart's model
- Imported the .stl into Fusion 360
- I converted it to a BREP
- I had to scale the BREP by 0.1 to make it the appropriate size
- I simplified the BREP just a bit to make it easier to get dimensions from.
- Using the original model as a reference, I created my own wall plate WITHOUT a shelf
- I test printed this to make sure the dimensions were appropriate.