A printable spool holder for solder and wire spools. Includes STLs for Kester 1lb spools, or modify the parametric Fusion 360 model for any size you need!
- STLs when imported to your slicer are unlikely to be in the correct orientation.
- You can print all parts without supports, just orient them in the right direction. The frame/holder should be oriented upside-down.
- This has some long bridges; I had no issues printing at several sizes, but if you need to hold a very large spool this is maybe not the design for you.
- You can customize the parameters in the Fusion 360 file (linked below) to fit other size spools. Note that since I would have just saved whatever my latest print was, when you open the model "share" link you are unlikely to find it in the same state as what generated the attached STLs. Make sure to check and customize for yourself, there are comments on every parameter!
I printed these using Prusament PETG and eSUN PETG at 0.30mm layer height.
- 4x M2.5x10mm socket-cap machine screws (per spool)
- 4x M2.5 nylock nuts (per spool)
Print as many spools as you're brave enough to stack, and build yourself a tower.
I recommend putting something with grip on the base, I used neoprene rubber sheet (Amazon, non-affiliate link), cut to size, which I attached to the bottom with double-sided carpet tape.