Modular print head to mount a Nimble V2 or Sidewinder V2 on the Creality type print heads. This covers a wide range of printers. The Standard hot end mount is compatible with both the original hot-end and the MicroSwiss hot-end.
In total, the Standard, MicroSwiss, E3D-V6, and Mosquito hot-ends are supported. For the E3D-V6 you can choose to use the standard fan and duct or use a different shroud and install a 40x40 fan. The Mosquito mount can hold the standard fan or a 40x40 fan.
Since the introduction of Version 2 of the Nimble and Sidewinder, they share the mounting points. This means that these mounts are suitable for both the Nimble V2 and the Sidewinder V2.
The Nimble V2 has a drive cable that exits vertically, while in the Sidewinder V2 the drive cable exits horizontally.
- 1 Initial release.
- 2 Tweaked the BL Touch sensor to give it a little more space with the 5015 duct.
- 3 Added a mount for the standard Tornado hot-end.
- 4 Modified the CR-10 standard hot end mount. One nut pocket was off-center.
- 5 Added a PDF describing the various options.
- 6 Tweaked the slots in the V2 Ducting 5015, to allow more space for a Volcano hot-end.
- 7 Added the Dual 5015 duct (You guys like a lot of wind!) Only for the V6 and Mosquito mounts.
You will need various M3 fasteners, depending on which version you need.
For our USA friends, it is easiest to buy a kit like this:
M3 fastener kit
The STL models are checked and optimised. The parts that need a different orientation to print properly are rotated to the preferred printing position.
The Nimble Extruder Version 2
These parts are ONLY for the Nimble and Sidewinder Version 2.
With an installed weight of less than 25 grams on your carriage/effector the Zesty Nimble is the smallest and lightest extruder you can buy, it has ample torque and can be mounted in multiple orientations.
The Nimble is available from Zesty Technology.