Upgrade-Kit: X-Carriage MK3 Piezo Version
This project is a fee requiring (15€/16$) upgrade version of my free-to-use MK3 design.
The Upgrade allows you to use the Precsion Piezo Orion Module for nozzle based automatic mesh bed leveling.
To the best of my knowledge the Piezo is rarely used for the Ai3M yet, so I decided to design & provide a version of my Carriage which allows the usage of this extremly precise bed leveling sensor. The sensor is known for its high precsion and repeatablity (I achieved standard deviations of 0.002mm from mean within a range of 0.005mm for M48 repeatablity test).
The nozzle based probing alows you to directly touch the bed with the nozzle which is the most accurate way of z probing since no offsets exist.
The Upgrade Kit contains the following parts:
- Stl.-Files for 3D-printed upgrade parts
- Pre-compiled firmware optimized for the usage of the Piezo Sensor on the Ai3M
- Instructions on firmware flashing
- Assembling & Wiring Guide
- Commissioning & Leveling Guide
- This Upgrade can only be done with the 8-Bit mainboard since it requires several adjustments for firmware and wiring.
- Upgrading requires to rewiring/soldering things, working with GCODE commands etc.
- The usage with v5 and v6 hotend is possible, but full bowden heatbreaks (4.1mm bore) need special treatment
- The Instruction guides are prepared as pdf-File in german (DE) and english (EN)
If you want to get access to this Upgrade or further information contact me via thingiverse Message or Mail me with subject 'MK3-Piezo' (firstname.lastname@example.org).