Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
Camera Pop-up Flash Mirror-style Diffuser
by thingster, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This thing is a mirror-style diffuser for your on-camera flash. It turns the harsh light of the on-camera flash into a external-like flashgun for nice looking illuminations with soft shadows.
Note: Unfortunately not tested yet as my 3d printer is broken at the moment. ;-/ It should work for most cameras, but was originally designed to sit on a Nikon D3100/D3200. If it doesn't work for you just grab the design and improve it to fit your camera.
- Print in white plastics. PLA is recommended for better preserving the dimensions of the object.
- Optional, but strongly recommended: Take a piece of aluminum foil, cut it into a rectangular (about 60 x 50 mm) and glue it into the space of the big slanted face at the top of the object. This will give it a kind of 'mirror' that bounces the light much better than only white plastics.
- Open your on-camera flash and put the diffuser onto the hotshoe.
- Take photos!
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Camera Pop-up Flash Mirror-style Diffuser by thingster is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving thingster a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure thingster would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).