printed parts and tools:
1x watch casing and band xxxmm_watch_0123456789.stl
1x dial and inner housing dial_inner_housing.stl
1x cover for the movement cover_movement.stl
1x spacer ring for glass spacer_ring.stl
4x latches for movement cover and inner housing latch.stl
1x hour hand hour_hand.stl
1x minute hand minute_hand.stl
1x knob for setting the time knob.stl
1x back cover cover.stl
1x key for back cover tool_key_f_back_cover.stl
non printable material and tools:
Full set available here: full set for 3D printed watch
1x glass 32x1mm with bevel
1x Miyota 2025 movement
1x stem for movement
1x hourwheel for movement
1x needle 1,2mm with +0 -0.02mm tolerance
1x needle 0,7mm with +0 -0.02mm tolerance
How to make it
If you are an experienced maker you will not have problems with printing it.
Things to consider:
- The number in the name of the files is your wrist measurement. Some slack is already added. It is still hard to guess the needed slack for every wrist. You can use the Thingiverse Costumizer to get the watch in all sizes between 107mm and 300mm too!
- Use PLA
- When printing the small parts always print eighter many of them or with something else so the layers have time to cool
- inner housing: make sure that you print with layer hights that give you exactly 0.3mm thickness at the dial (watch face). eg first layer 0.2 then 0.1 or all 0.1 or all 0.075. You get the idea.
- Ajust the holes at the hands with a 0.7mm and a 1.2mm needle
- Glue the minute hand to the pinion with superglue
Find detailed information here. I'll update continuously.
2019-11-24 added hole to movement cover for easy removing stem
2019-11-24 added bigger crown (knob)
2019-11-24 updated hour hand