Soap boxes and holders in general have a main problem: water retention, thus mold. Besides, the soap always tends to stick and can be hard to take later.
With this design in the form of a beehive, the soap holder:
- holds the soap thanks to its tiny but many edges,
- takes in the water, for more evaporation surface,
- allows excess water to drip evenly on the base, again for better evaporation,
- is curved to that the soap doesn't slip out,
- makes it easy to take the soap back, even if it sticks a little, since the contact surface is very limited.
It is also very easy to blow through the holes to get rid of excess water - again allowing the holder to dry very fast since it has so much contact surface with air.
Best for the kitchen and the bathroom.
The scad file can be customized to fit the size of your soap. Will probably make a rectangular version soon as well.