Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
LED Light for PrintrBot
by luckydad, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Simple LED Holder to mount two 5mm LEDs to shine down on the print bed of a PrintrBot LC
After mounting a 40mm fan to my PrintrBot LC, it was hard to see the printed item. I created this simple LED Holder to mount two 5mm LEDs to shine down on the print bed.
(2) 5mm High-Brightness White LED (2-Pack), http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3060980
(1) Deans Micro Connector, http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/wsd1222.htm
(1) 220 ohm 1/4W Resistor, http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062340
(1) Power connector, i.e., Molex Power Cable (cut off the black connector), http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3780246
The LED Holder will fit snugly between the hex nuts on the PrintrBot LC and uses the existing #6-32 screws. Remove the two lower screws and washers, put the holder in the place of the washers and reinstall the two screws.
I used a Micro Deans connector as a disconnect at the print head.
The resistor value assumes connection to +12V and the specs of the RadioShack white LEDS (FW current: 25mA, FW supply: 3.3V). If you are using a different LED or power source, go here for a simple resistor calculator: http://led.linear1.org/led.wiz
I used a PC power connector to get the 12V to power the LEDs from one of the available connectors on the PC power supply.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
LED Light for PrintrBot by luckydad is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving luckydad a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure luckydad would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).