RickMote Controller - Raspberry Pi Case - Chromecast TV Hijacking Tool
by bishopfox, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
The "RickMote Controller" by Bishop Fox
The "RickMote Controller" is a Raspberry Pi based hacking tool by AltF4 of Bishop Fox. With a single click of the face, it lets you wirelessly hijack nearby TVs by exploiting a flaw in Google Chromecast.
This entry is the custom case for the RickMote, encapsulating the Raspberry Pi, battery, and Adafruit PiTFT - 2.8" Touchscreen Display.
More Info on RickMote Controller:
- GitHub - Bishop Fox - rickmote
- Bishop Fox - Blog - The Rickmote Controller: Hacking One Chromecast at a Time - 16July2014
- YouTube - Rickmote Controller - Hijacking TVs via Google Chromecast - 15July2014
- YouTube - ToorCon 15 (2013) - Rickrolling your neighbors with Google Chromecast - 20Oct2013
- Wired Magazine - Rickroll Innocent Televisions With This Google Chromecast Hack - 16July2014
- The RickMote case for a Raspberry Pi prints in 2 core pieces (and 2 optional faceplates) that can easily snap together:
- Faceplate - BishopFox Logo (Optional)
- Faceplate - RickMote Controller - Logo (Optional)
- First, print all 4 pieces: top, bottom, and two faceplates (optional).
- Insert your Raspberry Pi into the Bottom piece. Raspberry Pis can be bought here:
- Step 3:
- Carefully attach the Top to the Bottom. Should firmly snap together.
Print Times – on a MakerBot Replicator 2
- Standard Quality – 1 hr 6 min
- Standard Quality – 1 hr 8 min
Faceplate - BishopFox Logo:
- Standard Quality – **0 hr 3 min*** (switch color around ~75%)
- Faceplate - RickMote Controller - Logo:
- Standard Quality – **0 hr 5 min*** (switch color around ~72% or 3 min mark)
Two color flap (different color faceplate logos)
- Done by printing face up, and pausing print once it starts printing the logo, to switch out filament for different color. Guide on doing this:
Hardware – Known to Work with the RickMote
Raspberry Pi – Model B
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
RickMote Controller - Raspberry Pi Case - Chromecast TV Hijacking Tool by bishopfox is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving bishopfox a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure bishopfox would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).