Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
Minimalist MK8 Rework
by wjsteele, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
I modified InfinityPlusPlus' MK8 drive to use a simple to acquire "Delta Faucet" spring and optimized the placement of the vias to allow the extruder to drive either 3mm or 1.75mm filament. It also includes recessed heads for the 3mm attachment screws.
1) Print both peices (optionally mirror the drive.)
2) Mount back to stepper with one screw in left hole (or right hole for left side extruders)
Note: Step #2 is optional... it works fine without this screw on most steppers due to the design being braced by the raised center portion of the stepper motor.
3) Remove spindle tower from inner portion of the bearing pressure arm.
4) Insert 623 bearing into slot and use 3mmx10mm screw from back to affix bearing. Make sure it turns freely. Trim if necessary.
5) Place arm on stepper with 3mm screw and insert spring.
a) For 3mm filament drive... use spring with small portion facing down.
b) For 1.75mm filament drive... use spring with rubber cap on small end facing up.
6) Tighten hinge screw to chassis.
Install as normal MK7 and start printing!
(BTW... the Delta Spring I purchased from Home Depot... here is a quick link to it: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100169417/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=delta+faucet+spring&storeId=10051)
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Minimalist MK8 Rework by wjsteele is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving wjsteele a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure wjsteele would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).