Flight Simulator G1000 for Xplane11
FlightSimMaker introduces a 3D printable G1000 Simulator designed around Arduino and SimVim for Xplane11.
December 22nd 2019 - Whats New in Version 0.1b?
- Added missing PCBs (3D printed version)
Things to watch for in the next release.
- Raised Text (print in white then paint black and sand off top of letters.)
- Pan/Zoom function for MFD
- New PCB designs to eliminate some wiring
December 14th 2019 - Whats New in Version 0.1a?
December 3rd 2019 -Whats New in Version 0.1?
- Printable on almost any printer.
Required components for 1 Display W/Autopilot
- 12.1" LCD display
- 5 Duel rotary encoders
- 1 rotary encoder
- 32 tactile switches 6x6x5mm
- Ardunio Mega2560
- 5 CD74HC4067 modules (16-channel multiplexers)
- MFD has no PAN/Zoom fuction
- Text on buttons has a low resolution due to .4mm resolution.
- No volume knobs.
- No backlighting
Estimated cost ~$250 per screen.
- $80 LCD screen from Ebay
- $130 for rotary encoders from leobednar
- $40 for buttons, wires, arduino and misc components.
More Info on SimVim found here: https://simvim.com/
Display is from EBAY.
HDMI VGA 2AV Control Board 12.1inch 1024x768 N121X5 LTN121XJ HT121X01 Lcd Panel
Rotary Encoders are from https://www.leobodnar.com/ and by far the most expensive part.
The bezel is broken into 4 pieces and printed diagonally on a smaller print bed then glued together.
The text on the buttons are filled in with white epoxy.
More details to come soon. I will keep updating this as I clean up the files.
Flying is expensive, flight simulation shouldn't be.
Please visit https://simvim.com/svc_io.html for detailed instructions.