Ultimaker Opto Endstop Upgrade
by jalr, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
for use with a 13x11x6 mm forked light barrier
- print it
- print Ultimaker Z-axis end-switch fine-adjuster ( http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:11033 )
- press two nuts in the notches
- attach a forked light barrier (i found one in an old desk scanner)
- add a resistor for the IR LED
- attach a three-wire ribbon cable (ground to LED K and photo transistor E)
- modify the end switch for z endstop (cut the middle wire and solder to the other pin)
- solder to the electronics (LED A to +5V, LED K and photo transistor E to GND, and photo transistor C to input)
- modify firmware (change Z_ENDSTOPS_INVERTING to false)
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Ultimaker Opto Endstop Upgrade by jalr is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving jalr a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure jalr would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).