This insert is designed for the Raiders Collector's Box. There's nothing wrong with the box as is but I was trying to come up with a way to get the game started more quickly plus have easier access to all the resources in the game.
This organizer is for you if...
- You're a fan of Raiders of the North Sea (duh!)
- You own the Raiders Collector's Box
- You own the official Play Mat. There is no space in this organizer for the original game board and expansion boards. However, the organizer will hold the 6 player boards from Hall of Heroes.
I saw MagnusH's stab at an organizer (which in turn is a remix of projet2502's design but I thought there were a few ways to improve on it.
I created "quick-start" organizers for each player, with space for the four score markers, a black viking meeple, two coins, a ship card, a reference card, and a jarl encounter board. So everything a player needs is neatly organized, and setup is a breeze.
I created a new tile holder to keep offering tiles, reputation tiles and quests nicely in place.
The bins for various tokens are organized such that you can easily bring the main game and/or any of its expansions to the table.
- The card holder is a slight varation on MagnusH's design. It will hold sleeved cards, and it has separate compartments for the townsfolk cards from the original game, the townsfolk cards from the two expansions, and the jarl cards.
Here's what you'll need to print:
6 x Quick Start player organizers for the items each player needs in this game, ideally in the six colors the game uses: yellow, green, red, orange, blue, and purple.
6 x Quick Start player organizer cases. Again, ideally printed in different colors. There are two versions of it. If you don't have filaments in all the colors, you may want to use "QS Player Organizer Case with Hole.stl". It features a small peep hole -- if you put the ship card on top of the items in the player organizer, you can what color is inside. Also, see note in Print Settings regarding fit.
1 x Quick Start player organizer stand, which you can simply leave in the box.
1 x Card holder.
1 x Tile holder, which also has a compartment for the red dice.
1 x Large two-bin holder for provisions and silver, plus the multiplier tiles from Hall of Heroes and Fields of Fame.
1 x Small two-bin holder for jarl tokens and wounds, plus the 2 Valkyrie dice.
- 2 x Single-bin holder, one for workers and one for mead.
- I keep all plunder and valkyries in the black bag.
- Everything is sized for sleeved cards.
- For the specific layout, see the pictures.
I used the "Use Adaptive Layers" option in Cura 4.4.
The organizer and its case are designed to be tight fits but a well-tuned printer shouldn't have a problem. If necessary, try to scale the case up a bit (maybe 105%) - there should be plenty of space in the organizer stand to accommodate a somewhat larger size.
If you used "QS Player Organizer Case with Hole.stl" don't forget to remove the small supports across the hole.
If you like what I'm doing consider buying me a coffee or tipping.