A remix of a reindeer to fit a 3mm LED (+ sleigh (see sources))
See instructions for more info.
1 3D printed reindeer
1 CR2032 battery
1 3mm LED
some left over cable
- Print the STL file
- clean up support (this includes the hole from the nose to the back)
- solder some cable to the LED so you can run it to the back (where the battery sits). (pro tip: use heatshrink tube to protect the LED leads).
- run the cable + LED through the hole.
- secure the battery in the slot, making sure that the cable is touching the battery (make sure the positive and negative leads match).
- place the lid on the battery slot.
- Be REALLY carefull with the antlers when cleaning the support and working on the print. They are pretty delicate.
- Print in the pictures was made using an UP! mini using ABS, please upload your makes to show it also works on other printers with other filaments.
- The battery lid doesn't fit 100%, some fiddling may be required.