new version 1.2 Feb 5th 2015
Little boxes for small parts like screws, electronics components, etc.
One edge has notches spaced 5mm so you can quickly measure screws etc. when sorting them - or mark the boxes with a tick of magic marker.
Fits the drawers of the very recommended LICEFA System cabinets A1-60 etc..
Print the lid with a high density because it takes a lot of shear force. I used 55% on an ultimaker 1.
To lift the snap-fit lid, squeeze the sides of the box.
Uses the rounded cube code from Anaximandro de Godinho.
My First SCAD Project. Bear with me.
- 20140804 v.1.0 (mw) created.
- 20140810 v.1.1 (mw) improved lid - less material, better strength of the snap-in parts, choice of snap-fit or friction fit lid.
- 20150205 v.1.2 (mw) now with a little label holder feature and a wall mounting rail
- make a nice customizer dialog
- add an interlocking feature between boxes
- check for exagerrated values
I agree that it takes a while to print, but hey, you get a new little box over night.
In case you were wondering:
The wall mount bracket is printed sideways for better stability. I'll add a photo soon.