PLEXUS is the mind meld of 3D Printing and cheap strong materials. This bracket is designed to fuse wood planks of any size and 1in schedule 40 PVC. Schedule 40 is the white kind you can find at any local hardware store. This is a custom solution to any size shelving project you can think of.
- Super Strong! I can literally sit on these shelves
- Crazy lightweight
- Easy to build
- Prints easily with no support
This project uses:
- Schedule 40 PVC (the white kind)
- wood planks anywhere from 1/4 to 1in in thickness
- I use self drilling sheet metal screws and drill
You can build a set of utility shelves like the ones in the picture in about 10 minutes and they are lighter, stronger, and cheaper than the ones you can buy pre-fabbed.
The holes in the middle of the brackets are used to route 550 cord through in order to create additional cross stability if you need it. You simply create a giant "X" pattern across the back of the shelves going from corner to corner and a trailer hitch to cinch down the cord.
Look for the instructional video coming soon.