by DaneC, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
The X-Cube: the next generation, shape-shifting, twisting logic-puzzle.
An open-source puzzle that adds 32 extra pieces, four extra layers, and a shape changing element to the original 3x3x3 Rubik's Cube.
Originally created on a uPrint Plus in December, 2012. Mass production funded on Kickstarter July 2013.
- 6: M3-.5 x16 screws
- 2 to 3: Compression springs from clicking pens
- 3x3x3 Stickers: http://cubesmith.com/3x3x3.htm
- Recommended: CRC Heavy duty Silicone Spray, or equivalent puzzle lubricant. MUST SPECIFY IT IS SAFE FOR PLASTIC. (http://imgur.com/uraguGB)
1) Print parts (See ReadMe.txt)
2) Assembly instructions found here: http://imgur.com/a/j25Fl
3) "Break in" the X-Cube for 30 minutes to an hour by twisting layers until they wear in and become easier to turn.
4) Apply CRC Silicone Spray to inside of puzzle. Take out a few pieces to do this.
5) Continue to twist layers to distribute the CRC throughout your X-Cube.
6) Apply stickers (available at http://cubesmith.com/X-Cube.htm)
Color scrambled X-Cube
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
X-Cube by DaneC is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving DaneC a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure DaneC would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).